Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Love Song of Tupac Shakur


_____________________________________________

The Love Song of Tupac Shakur
Or "Die, Princess, Die!"

  "No matter where I go, I see the same hoe."
       2pac Shakur's "All Bout U"

I know U mo than that, it's a fact
compassion ain't for me, U can see
I'm just a Thug nigga, in love, with the white bitch
on the t.v., jus dyin' for a li'l love from me.
No matter where i turn, there she is
gettin' her ass played by the white man.
In the Palace, U is just a joke,
torn apart by the lies, now U go
spread your thighs for a white bloke,
charlie the tuna, prince chicken-o-the-sea --
The way i see, you belong to me, so let's go
knock booties, down by the pitcher show.

[voice over]
    "Mr. Doggie-S ...."
      Listen to the ray-de-o, watch'n the news vid-e-o
      everything they show, is just some dead hoe.
      Talkin' to the people i meet, jus' goin' down the street
      all they can say, is how did she die that day?

Tears bring truth, even when i cry, i hear your "candle
in the wind" sung by that English guy.
Tear apart the lies,
    spread Ur grace,
    on my face;
They say you was easy, like Aunt Luweezee,
But you was never sleezy, not one of them groupie hoes
Waitin' round at the end of my show.
I just saw you on the t.v., workin' your charitie
hope you find some time to come by and see me,
down by the Bay, jus' livin' and dyin' in L.A.

  [voice over]
  "Mr. Doggie-S ...."
  Listen to the ray-de-o, watch'n the news vid-e-o
  everything they show, is just the same ol' dead hoes.
  Talkin' to the people i meet, jus' goin' down the street
  all they can say, is why did she die that way?

  [voice over]
  "Outlaw Kenny-G ...."
  I can see you ain't eatin'... Is U sick. I hear you
  throw up, and then eat, then throw up
  U sure one fucked-up white chick
  Is U sick? ... No? ... Well suck my sick ....
  Yeah! You go girl! You go! You sho got a bad case of the Negrophilia....

[speaking over the last two lines]
It's yo thang, do watcha wanna do,
headin' for the bathroom, 'bout to toss it up.
Give it up for free, on the t.v., or move it to the street corner
Watch some old fag queen get a boner
like U is one o' his skinny little boy-toys.
But U an' me, we see, reality.
I guess it's hard, even harder for U
wid two baby boys, an the queen holdin' out on you.
Charlie did it sweet & smooth, plottin' and a gamin' U.
Got a dinner date, wid some A-rab rich boy,
Got your legs up, lookin' for some love.
U shoulda seen me in the first case, in the first place.

  [voice over]
  "Mr. Doggie S. ...."
  Listen to the ray-de-o, watch'n a news vid-e-o
  everything they show, is just the same ol' dead hoes.
  Talkin' to the people i meet, jus' goin' down the street
  all they need to know, is he's in love wid a dead hoe.

  [voice over]
  "Outlaw Kenny-G ...."
  I saw this old scrany Indian hoe on the t.v., she was dead too
  jus' like the princess. Said her name was Mother T., she was into
  charitee, just like the princess, a workin' down Calcutta way.
  I saw her on the t.v. in Haiti, with ol' Duvalier, collectin'
  40 thou, then I saws her with that dictator Ceaunescu, collectin'
  60 thou, then I saws her with ol' Slobbodaddy Milosodick, collectin' 
  80 thou! And I says to myself  "Man, that scrawny old
  hoe sho can peddler her ass! I'd like to be her Pimp-Daddy."
  But hey, man, pimpin' aint easy! I might have to knock boots wid some ol' biddy.

In the church, i touch Ur coffin,
See i love ya, love ya like my own, but you died
and left me all alone. You died too quick, and i guess
that's why they call you Princess Die.
But even now, you an' me, i can see us in Eternity....
Heaven ain't hard to find in a hearse, Princess.
See me naked, sweaty, poundin' yo' skin
when i bend U over, i'll fukU from Windsor to Woodlawn cemetary--
Me & U hollerin my name out (if U could).
I know U like straight sex, but
even for a white girl you barely move your ass....
Holy shit! Sir Johnny's got his gun!
[sounds: pop pop pop ... screams ... ambulance siren]

[voice from the clouds:]
"Only God can judge me. Only God can judge me. Only God can judge me...."

Here I am, heaven's not hard
Heaven's not hard to find.... Where's the princess?
Outta my way, mutherfuckers! I'm a straight Thug nigga on a mission!
Hey Princess, can i hit it...?
  Wait a minute.... U ain't the Princess....
Holy Jeezus! Some crazy old Indian nun dun got me!
Help! Sumbuddy get this ol' tarbaby offn' me....

[later, the voice drifting away]
...Hey there, Mr Jeezus! Where can i get some reincarnation?

......Is that on Lexington Avenue, ... near Briarpatch Lane?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This poem is the reason I can never go to England.

They have laws against this.....

This poem first appeared in the ejournal Exquisite Corpse,

http://www.corpse.org/issue_12/clash/lee.html

This is the story of a forbidden love.

Like Romeo & Juliette, the lovers come from diverse

backgrounds. You have 2pac Shakur, the rap star, and Princess Diana, the English royal.

There are poignient moments, and romantic verse,

as for example the beautiful couplet where Tupac says to the Princess,

"spread Ur grace, on my face"

Yes, I'm sure you are wiping away a tear, as am I.

This poem was written shortly after the Princess's death, while the news media were covering her death and the death of Mother Teresa in India. While listening to 2pac Shakur's song, where he complains about seeing the same models (ie. hos) in his music video and in other videos, the idea for the poem came to me.

Here is the somewhat longer (original) version of the poem.